Security and feature update for webPDF 8
Minimum technical requirements
- Java version: 11
- webPDF version: 8 (revision 2393)
A new update for webPDF 8 is currently available with the revision number 2393. With this security and feature update, important core components such as OpenJDK (11.0.14 GA) and Tomcat (9.0.58) have also been updated. This allows you to upgrade all used libraries and dependencies to the latest versions.
We strongly recommend our security updates for all customers, as they are essential for an optimal and secure use of webPDF. As usual, the current update also brings new functions.
Furthermore, problems with the webPDF web services, which have occurred since the release of the 8th version, have been fixed.
Note: This update also includes all previously released updates regarding the log4j vulnerability and uses version 2.17.1.
Update revision 2393
- Security: Update OpenJDK to 11.0.14 GA
- Security: Update Tomcat to 9.0.58
- Security: Update all libraries
- Security: Update log4j to 2.17.1
- Feature: Support of viewer preferences in “Toolbox -> Options“.
- Feature: Inclusion of certificate chains for electronic signatures in the “Signature” web service
- Feature: Optimisation of file size in “Toolbox -> Merge” by removing unused objects
- Feature: Reading of metadata accelerated for extremely large PDF documents
If you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact our support.
Here you can find the update as usual: Download page.
The package for Linux via our public repository can be found here: Linux packages